Schwarzman Scholars is a program for the next generation of young leaders, anchored in a fully-funded 11-month Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing’s Tsinghua University – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Scholars live and study together in Schwarzman College, where all classes are taught in English. Students pursue a Master’s in Global Affairs.
Throughout the scholarship year, students are immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. The program also provides Scholars with high-level interactions at lectures, an internship program, a mentors network, and intensive deep-dive travel seminars.
- No citizenship or nationality requirements [Note: applicants who hold passports from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau apply in a separate application cycle]
- Candidates must have undergraduate degree or equivalent by start of scholarship year
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 as of August 31st of application year
Students and alums apply directly through the Schwarzman application portal. The application consists of the following components:
- Online application
- Resume (two pages maximum)
- Two essays
- Three letters of recommendation
- Video (optional)
Feel free to contact the Center for Research and Fellowships with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- US/Global application open for 2023-2024 cycle from April 2022 to September 2022.
- For applicants with Chinese passports, the application is open January 2022 to May 2022.
Schwarzman Scholars in the News
For information about other fellowships in Asia, check out CRF’s Asia Opportunities Guide.