The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program awards scholarships to sophomores and juniors who intend to pursue careers in the natural sciences, mathematics, or engineering. These scholarships are up to $7,500 a year to help cover costs associated with tuition, fees, books, room and board. A sophomore who is awarded the scholarship will receive up to $7,500 in each of his/her junior and senior years. A junior who receives the scholarship will receive up to $7,500 in his/her senior year.
- Applicants must be full-time sophomores or juniors pursuing a degree of higher education.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in the top 25% of their class. Most Goldwater Scholars have a GPA above 3.9.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or U.S. nationals (only if applying from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands).
University nomination is required. To apply for internal endorsement, candidates should submit the following to email@example.com by the internal endorsement deadline:
- Application form (provided by CRF)
- Unofficial transcript (download from MyAccess)
- Three letters of recommendation from professors/research mentors who may speak to your research experiences and strengths in your chosen field (these letters should be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org by recommenders)
- Research essay
The University will nominate up to four current sophomores or juniors to the Barry M. Goldwater Foundation.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Internal Nomination Application Due: November 17, 2022, at 12 PM ET.
External Fellowship Deadline: January 27, 2022, 6PM ET.