Cosmos Scholars Grant Program
The Cosmos Scholars Grant Program supports graduate students enrolled in universities in the Washington, DC area. The program provides grants to meet specific research needs not covered by other supporting funds. This may include special supplies, travel, unanticipated expenses that would enhance the work, etc. Specifically excluded are general financial support, tuition, and living expenses (except in connection with supported travel).
Applicants must be enrolled, on a full-time or part-time basis, in a program leading to a graduate degree (Masters or Doctoral) at one of the following local institutions:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Corcoran College of Art + Design
- Gallaudet University
- George Mason University
- The George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- Howard University
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies
- Marymount University
- Trinity University
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland, College Park
The major criterion for selection is the excellence of the research proposal. No specific format or organization is required, but the proposal should state clearly what work is proposed, how and when it would be performed, and why the results would be important or useful.
It is essential to make the project description understandable to scholars in other fields, while retaining enough detail to satisfy a specialist in the field of the proposal.
The Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be limited to one page. The proposal statement must not exceed one page; space for the required budget proposal is provided on the application form.
The application will consist of the following:
- Online Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (one page maximum)
- A one-page statement with title describing the research project. Goals, method, schedule, relevance, and importance should be included here.
- A detailed budget is not required, but the amount requested and the specific use(s) to which the requested funds would be put must be provided. Fields for this purpose are provided on the application form. Costs should be explained with care, but these spaces should not be used to amplify, supplement, or repeat material in the proposal document.
Early November 2019
Contact the Cosmos Club via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding the online application and additional qualifying criteria.