Boren Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The National Security Education Program David L. Boren Undergraduate Scholarships offer study abroad opportunities to undergraduate students who are committed to pursuing a career in U.S. government service. This program aims to attract students who are interested in geographic areas, languages, and other fields of study that are considered critical to U.S. national security. Preference is given to students seeking one full year of academic study abroad. Students interested in the Boren should contact Lauren Tuckley.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application.
- Applicants must be applying to study abroad programs that are outside the countries of Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada and meet the requirements of the applicant’s home institution.
- The study of a language must be an important focus of the student’s study abroad program.
- All eligible study abroad programs must begin on or after June 1.
- As a part of the NSEP service requirement, applicants should be prepared to work in the Departments of State, Defense, or Homeland Security or within the Intelligence community.
University nomination is required.
Internal Fellowship Deadline
To be announced…
External Fellowship Deadline
February 2, 2022, at 5pm EST.