Application for Nomination to the Churchill Scholarship
The process for official university endorsement for the Churchill Scholarship is as follows: The application deadline is in mid-September 2014. For further information, please contact Ms. Tuckley in the Gervase B-07 office. Applications should be emailed to Ms. Tuckley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly from your recommenders to Ms. Tuckley. This deadline is final. Due to the timing of Committee meetings, no exceptions will be made. If you have any questions about this process or application, please ask.
- GPA above or approaching 3.9
- U.S. Citizenship
The Georgetown University Application Process requires that you submit:
- An up-to-date resume. No more than 2 pages, 1 inch margins, size 12 font.
- An official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members who have taught you as an undergraduate (preferably in an upper division course in the field you anticipate studying in graduate school) or with whom you have conducted research. Your professors can directly email these recommendations to the Office of Fellowships.
- A 400 word specific statement of which degree programs you would apply to, which lab you plan to work in at Cambridge and in what capacity, and an explanation of the appropriateness of your past and future work in relation to this degree program.
- A 1000 word personal statement: This statement should describe the scientific work you do, how you became interested in science, how your work in science interacts with other aspects of your life, detail your research, and describe your future study and career plans.
The applications will be reviewed by the Nomination Committee. The Committee will nominate appropriate candidates based on the paper application. Should the committee deem it necessary there may also be a personal interview. You will be notified by the end of September whether you have been selected for nomination.