British Marshall Scholarships
Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to fifty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study. Scholarships are for one or two years and are tenable at any British University and for study in any discipline at graduate level, leading to the award of a British degree.
- US Citizen
- GPA a minimum of 3.7, preference for above or approaching 3.8
- Graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2018 and before the commencement of the grant
To be considered for University endorsement, candidates must first complete the internal application process and submit all materials by a June 1st, 2021.
You may find the application for internal endorsement here.
The Center for Research and Fellowships organizes a selection review committee to read applications and select nominees. These endorsed students will then work closely with the Center on the final application.
Marshall Scholarship Requirements (note: only institutionally endorsed candidates will advance to this stage):
- University endorsement
- Official transcript
- Online application
- Personal statement (750 words)
- Proposed academic program essay (500 words)
- Leadership essay (500 words)
- Ambassadorial potential essay (500 words)
- Three letters of recommendation
University Endorsement Deadline:
- Prior to the June 1st, 2021 deadline, applicants should attend the Candidacy Hackathon on May 7th, 2021. RSVP and more details here.
- June 1st, 2021 (first stage)
Please note: this deadline is for juniors, seniors and young alumni who wish to matriculate at a university in the UK in Autumn 2022. You should pay careful attention to the deadlines and the academic year as our internal deadlines are a year and a half in advance of the matriculation date.
British Marshall Scholarship Deadline:
- Late September 2021 (second stage, for endorsed candidates)
For more information, please contact CRF at email@example.com.